DIY REMAP ? Anybody done one ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ebod
My Cars:

DIY REMAP ? Anybody done one ?

Post by ebod »

A bloke at work says he has this piece of PC kit made by 'Galletto' which runs some industry common protocol / language called KWP 2000.

He says he doesn't have a library of ecu remap files but has an account on some website where he can order 'TUV' approved maps.

It just got me interested to see if anybody here has bought/borrowed the kit to do their own remap ?

EG has anybody got a trustworthy map ( .dat file ? ) suitable for 2002 Xsara HDI-110 Bosch ?

Its an interesting subject with no doubt plenty of pitfalls. Can anyone who has considered and gone down this route share their experiences???
deian

Post by deian »

I have considered it before for my old e30 bmw, i was planning on ditching the bosch ecu and running it on megasquirt.

It would be easier to remap it yourself if you have the kit, time and patience, but to be able to retune an ecu you do need to know exactly what you are doing or you could balls things up quite well.

It is a throughly interesting subject, and a good place to start is by looking at the megasquirt manal/faq on their site (google is ur friend). Megasquirt is the cheapest kit you can get although you may have to rewire the loom and put some other sensors that are compatible with the megasquirt software for it to work well. Did I mention that you would then be able to run your car off ur laptop? and see realtime data from the engine sensors?

It's a very involved and technical job, but unless you want to do it for fun or education what would be your reason to remap? Oh you would need a rolling road to measure bhp/torque over rpm to see what happens with the new map etc.

Other aftermarket ecu's include, wolf3d, motec, etc.

Good luck.