The 6AM Alarm, Peugeot 206. How can I get rid of it??

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pleiades
My Cars:

The 6AM Alarm, Peugeot 206. How can I get rid of it??

Post by Pleiades »

Well as the title says, it's 6AM and the alarm on my son's Peugeot 206 has just got me up again, (well he's 18 and wont here anything untill mid day)

And all this on a morning when I was looking forward to grabbing the extra hour granted in bed, I was up for a call out at 2.30 and back in bed at 4pm so the hour would have been welcomed.

Enough of the rant I hear you say, what does he want to know??

This alarm is a frequent offender and I would like to get rid of it forever, as nobody takes any notice of car alarms anyway.

I have told him over and over again, lock it using the key and the alarm will not set, but being 18 he is either too lazy or forgets and uses the remote.

Is there any way to shut it out of my life permenent, or at least silence the siren, on the older Xantia, there used to be a switch under the bonnet where you can put the ignition key in to disable the siren, I cant see anything on this car?

The offending car.... Peugeot 206 Quicksilver 1.4 reg 2004

Thanks in advance.
Martin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's the ducks flying around the car at dawn Martin!

I reckon it'll be the volumetric (ultrasonic) movement sensors causing this. They often start to throw up sprurious alarms as they age. Very common on Xantias.

Somewhere you should be able to set the alarm with them defeated. Normally a button you press until the red alarm LED comes on permanantly. Then, when you set the alarm, the volumetrics will be out of the equation and your sleep should be undisturbed.

I've no idea where the button is on the 206 but it should have roughly the same symbol on it as the Xantia has, a sort of loudspeaker symbol with a cross through it. Press this with the ignition off until the LED that normally flashes lights up solid and then set the alarm.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Morning Jim.

I see that you are not taking advantage of the extra hour?

You may be correct about the ducks! Several mornings I have been out and seen webed footprints on the roof of cars parked out the back.

I will have a look and see about the sensor switch, but dont you have to do this every time the car is locked rather than once and for all?

I am looking for something permenant (burn the car) snip the wire to the alarm siren? or maybe this will upset the immobilisor?

Regards
Martin.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleiades wrote: I see that you are not taking advantage of the extra hour?
Noboby thought to tell the dog :twisted: :lol:
Pleiades wrote: ...but dont you have to do this every time the car is locked rather than once and for all?
Yes, every time you set the alarm. Also, if you set the volumetrics to defeat mode, it'll time out after a few minutes as well. :( I'm into the habit of doing it on my Estate now because the volumetrics are dead and I'v not got round to swapping them yet :oops:

If defeat of the volumetrics work, that's the problem and replacement will solve it totally but they're quite priey and the door cards have to come off to change them :twisted: I hate disturbing door cards - hence why mine are not yet fiixed!

Trouble with snippping the siren is that the alarm will still activate and flash the lights. I wonder if disconnecting the volumetric sensors will do the trick of permanantly defeating them or is the alarm clever enough to know they've been tampered with? Resistors might do the trick though.

The alarm and immobiliser are normally totally separate things. On the 206 I expect the immobiliser works from the RFID chip in the key and the "plip" part of the key activates the central locking and alarm.

Don't burn it Martin! In discussion with my 16 year old daughter yesterday, that's just the car I'm considering getting for her when she starts driving. My first choice of a Saxo/106 was rejected by her as being too "chavvy"...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I asked about this for my old Xantia and was told that the alarm could be switched off by connecting to a dealer's computer. I'd imagine it's the same for the Peugeot. Obviously there are insurance implications, but IMO no car has ever been saved from theft by its alarm.

Do you have a trade contact who could do that for you?
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

reblack68 wrote:I asked about this for my old Xantia and was told that the alarm could be switched off by connecting to a dealer's computer. I'd imagine it's the same for the Peugeot.
That's true for S2 Xantia's, you need a Lexia to re-programme the CPH unit, so I presume it can also be done on a 206.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: The 6AM Alarm, Peugeot 206. How can I get rid of it??

Post by Homer »

Pleiades wrote: This alarm is a frequent offender and I would like to get rid of it forever, as nobody takes any notice of car alarms anyway.

I have told him over and over again, lock it using the key and the alarm will not set, but being 18 he is either too lazy or forgets and uses the remote.
Then every time it wakes you, take a bucket of ice cold water and throw it over him in bed.

It will help his memory. :D
Pleiades
My Cars:

Re: The 6AM Alarm, Peugeot 206. How can I get rid of it??

Post by Pleiades »

Homer wrote:
Then every time it wakes you, take a bucket of ice cold water and throw it over him in bed.

It will help his memory. :D
I like it, maybe I should let him read this first as a warning? Or there again, maybe not.

Regards
Martin.
LukeMeister
My Cars:

Post by LukeMeister »

citrojim wrote: Somewhere you should be able to set the alarm with them defeated. Normally a button you press until the red alarm LED comes on permanantly. Then, when you set the alarm, the volumetrics will be out of the equation and your sleep should be undisturbed.
This is the button in question (bottom button next to handbrake). Hold it down for a couple of seconds until the alarm LED stays lit and the ultrasonic sensors will be de-activated.

New sensors are in-expensive at £23.50 (part number 6680E9). A DIY fitting guide can be found here.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citrojim wrote:
Pleiades wrote: I see that you are not taking advantage of the extra hour?
Noboby thought to tell the dog :twisted: :lol:
Pleiades wrote: ...but dont you have to do this every time the car is locked rather than once and for all?
Yes, every time you set the alarm. Also, if you set the volumetrics to defeat mode, it'll time out after a few minutes as well. :( I'm into the habit of doing it on my Estate now because the volumetrics are dead and I'v not got round to swapping them yet :oops:

If defeat of the volumetrics work, that's the problem and replacement will solve it totally but they're quite priey and the door cards have to come off to change them :twisted: I hate disturbing door cards - hence why mine are not yet fiixed!

Trouble with snippping the siren is that the alarm will still activate and flash the lights. I wonder if disconnecting the volumetric sensors will do the trick of permanantly defeating them or is the alarm clever enough to know they've been tampered with? Resistors might do the trick though.

The alarm and immobiliser are normally totally separate things. On the 206 I expect the immobiliser works from the RFID chip in the key and the "plip" part of the key activates the central locking and alarm.

Don't burn it Martin! In discussion with my 16 year old daughter yesterday, that's just the car I'm considering getting for her when she starts driving. My first choice of a Saxo/106 was rejected by her as being too "chavvy"...

Jim
get your daghter a dersh, then you will be able to get the test drive you long for
regards malcolm