permanent radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

david mcfall
My Cars:

permanent radio

Post by david mcfall »

hiya lads
this is regarding my dads 2001 picasso 1.6 lx.the radio stays on permanently even when the keys are out.there is no radio dashboard readout,thedate and time display but no radio station.is there something wrong with the radio itself,the ignition switch,bad earth?any advice would be appreciated as this is a real head scratcher
how can i soar with the eagles when i'm flying with turkeys?
xantia convert
1999 xantia 1.8 16v 132k
1999 peugeot 406 hdi 90ps
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

More than likely a faulty radio unit, It will work out a lot cheaper to replace it with a decent aftermarket one.
Would deffo be worth disconecting the battery for 5 minutes to reset the BSI 1st.
david mcfall
My Cars:

Post by david mcfall »

thanks i'll give that a go
how can i soar with the eagles when i'm flying with turkeys?
xantia convert
1999 xantia 1.8 16v 132k
1999 peugeot 406 hdi 90ps
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

wheeler wrote:More than likely a faulty radio unit, It will work out a lot cheaper to replace it with a decent aftermarket one.
Would deffo be worth disconecting the battery for 5 minutes to reset the BSI 1st.
Although having said that I had an issue on a non Citroen car to sort out with the radio, and thought I would try out the "main stealer" as I wanted to explore all my options.

The thing was they will obviously sell new units, and they cost an arm and a leg, but if you ask for an exchange unit, they are a lot cheaper I.E at this other "main stealer" it was approx 60-70% of the cost of a brand new unit so check out the exchange price, as there might be a pleasant surprise, or do as wheeler says regarding an aftermarket one, if that is the better, and or cheaper option.

The exchange unit will be the same as yours, but without the fault, :wink: and will be covered under parts warranty. They will require your old one for exchange to go back into the exchange system.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

My radio stays on without the key in the ignition (though I'm not sure what it displays at the time - I'm not being sarcastic but have you tried the ON/OFF control?