fluid level on a C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

fluid level on a C5

Post by citronut »

how dose one check the fluid level on a C5, i know its under the plastic cover over the O/S inner wing,

but im told you have to depresureise the tank before removing the cap, then re/presureise once the cap is back on???????

i cant get to my electronic work shop manual as our main computer had trowen a wobbly (maybe caused by the electronic manual??????)

regards malcolm
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Until those in the know arrive, I can tell that it’s something like checking the level with the cap off at the low suspension setting with the engine running.
The level should be a bit below the brim to allow for some return with the engine stopped.
There is no depressurisation or anything like that to do.
If there’s plenty at the low setting, there’s enough at the high setting.
Or something like that. :?
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

Check level with suspension in low mode.

Level should come up to the middle mark on the reservoir.

You need the engine running to be able to use electric pump to change suspension level.

If I have opened filler cap to replenish fluid I always raise suspension to High before replacing the cap. This ensures there is a small positive pressure in the system at normal height which I understand is recommended (The C5 reservoir cap is a screw on sealed cap).

If you ever do wish to depressurise the system fully there are screw relief points on the front and rear subframes.

John