Citroe C5 - no horn / airbag warning VTR Estate 2003 reg HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ed Armstrong
My Cars:

Citroe C5 - no horn / airbag warning VTR Estate 2003 reg HDI

Post by Ed Armstrong »

Hi folks, I'm a newbie so apologies if this has been asked before - although I've searched the forum archives and cannot see it.

Sympton is no horn with a warning for airbag. I have check 12v+ at fuse ok. Under airbag cover in steering wheel I am not getting 12v+ and suspect the "connecter block" below the steering wheel. Any suggestion will be appreciated and similar faults and problems and any advice on getting to the connector would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hi Ed,

It does sound like the rotary connector is away. However, on these cars this is integrated with control stalks. There are dozens of combinations, depending on what equipment is fitted to the car, and it may need to be hooked up to the dealer's computer to make it all work again. The part is not cheap (around £200) but is relatively quick to fit - I doubt you will get one aftermarket (GSF for instance do not list them). The change out might be best left to the dealer..... :cry:
Richard W
Ed Armstrong
My Cars:

Post by Ed Armstrong »

Thanks Richard. Is there a way that I could by-pass taking a 12v+ feed into the stearing wheel?

Ed
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Ed Armstrong wrote:Thanks Richard. Is there a way that I could by-pass taking a 12v+ feed into the stearing wheel?

Ed
No safe bypass possible, needs a new Com2000.
Ed Armstrong
My Cars:

Post by Ed Armstrong »

Hi Richard, thanks for advice. Got the Comms unit fixed today and cured horn problem but not the air-bag fault. The suggestion from the tech was that it is a wiring problem in the nearside footwell wiring block. Will check it out. Bill came to £151.80 for Comms Unit plus labour £98 to fit plus £35 diagnostic to try to resolve a locking fault (not yet cleared) plus £50 VAT. Thanks for yor time. I am placing another enquiry in forum would appreciate any advice.

Ed