Critical Vibration

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

whitemanc
My Cars:

Critical Vibration

Post by whitemanc »

I have a 1989 F Reg Mi-16. This problem first came about when vibratrion was noticed when accelerating and especially through maximum torque. The bushes to the wishbone were replaced. However, the problem never went away. I have subsequently replaced the back engine mount.
I experience slight steering drift. Vibration feels as though it is coming from the wheels and particularly the near side. The car also 'clonks' when riding over bumps.
Advise given to me is that it could be the track rod ends, bottom ball joint and possibly worn driveshaft. I have since purchased the parts to fit myself.
When inpecting the ball joints, can anyone tell whether I am likely to notice any waer in said parts?
If having replaced both track rod ends and bottom ball joints plus the near side drive shaft, if the problem is still there can anyone offer further advise?Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Charles Whiteman
c_whiteman@hotmail.com
07949 646 118
puc
My Cars:

Post by puc »

[quote]
I have a 1989 F Reg Mi-16. This problem first came about when vibratrion was noticed when accelerating and especially through maximum torque. The bushes to the wishbone were replaced. However, the problem never went away. I have subsequently replaced the back engine mount.
I experience slight steering drift. Vibration feels as though it is coming from the wheels and particularly the near side. The car also 'clonks' when riding over bumps.
Advise given to me is that it could be the track rod ends, bottom ball joint and possibly worn driveshaft. I have since purchased the parts to fit myself.
When inpecting the ball joints, can anyone tell whether I am likely to notice any waer in said parts?
Similar to a problem i had with a J 405gri estate. o/s bottom ball joint was worn and this was obvious when the vehicle was on a ramp. Replacing this has reduced the suspension clonk but not eliminated it. Note: you will need a special tool to fit a new ball joint.
martyb

Post by martyb »

HAVE YOU TRIED REPLACING THE OFFSIDE DRIVESHAFT BECAUSE THERE IS A BEARING THAT RUNS INSIDE THE ENGINE MOUNTING THAT MAY CAUSE VIBRATION OTHER THAN THAT HAVE YOU TRIED SWAPPING WHEELS AROUND IN CASE THEY ARE DAMAGED EVEN AFTER THEYVE BEEN BALANCED?