Ouch

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

reblack68
My Cars:

Ouch

Post by reblack68 »

This thread has been doing the rounds on bike and car forums around the world. It's not Citroen related but it is about a ZX :lol: It appears to be a 2008 model too :shock:
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:shock: :lol: :roll:

Bet he felt a prat after realising. Mind you, we've all done muppet things like this in the past. Funny how you do something as silly as this and then immediately you've gone past the point of no return, realise just how foolish that was!

A bit like shutting down a server on remote support that you have no physical access to rather than rebooting it. The moment you release the mouse button you know you really shouldn't have done that! Whenever I reboot the forum web server, which could be in Mongolia for all I know, I'm very cautious. I speak from (very) painful personal experience on that front :(

So I'm not going to be too hard on the old boy. As they say, "Pobodys Nerfect"..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

It was the 14 pages of people who have joined up to point and laugh that amused me. Obviously none of those people have never done something equally stupid. I think it's the action:consequence ratio that's made it take feet.

The real mistake was to go public with it.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Tsk, they're go-faster holes, everyone knows that ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

reblack68 wrote:It was the 14 pages of people who have joined up to point and laugh that amused me.
It really amused me too but with my admin hat on, there is no way I'd let a thread like that go on for 14 pages, especially given some of the content of later pages. When I first read it I only saw the first page and did not appreciate there were 13 more :roll: After page one it quickly deteriorates and not a post in sight from an admin or a mod. I wonder if they actually have any?
reblack68 wrote:The real mistake was to go public with it.
In his case and on that forum, yes. I would hope that anyone here who has made a silly mistake (and we all have) yould not be scared to post, if only for a bit of virtual tea an sympathy.

A few of the posts in that thread were genuinely clever and funny. Thanks for posting it Richard :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

What's more worrying still, is these guys are legally allowed to have
guns'n live ammunition... :shock:

One reason I don't fancy visiting the US! Actually, does US stand for
unserviceable or unstable?

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:One reason I don't fancy visiting the US! Actually, does US stand for unserviceable or unstable?
The Yanks are not so bad you know Andrew. They just have a very different sense of humour to ourselves and speak a form of English that is only vaugely recognisable to real English speakers.

they say we and the yanks are divided by a common language :lol:

They do some strange things with the language, like leaving the "U" out of so many words and not having a clue what these letters in this sequence:

M O D E R A T O R

means when applied to Internet discussion forums :roll:
Jim