Front Electric Window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pikecrazy
My Cars:

Front Electric Window

Post by pikecrazy »

Put the drivers door window up this afternoon and it made a clunk/crack noise at the top :?

So put it down then up again , hey presto bloomin thing dropped to the bottom :cry:

There is a loose cable at the bottom of inside door probably for the winder :?:

There's not much room to see what's going on :(

Does anybody have a diagram of the internals and know how to fix it.

Another common problem :?:
2013 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 XTR 115bhp
2003 2:0 HDI Dispatch Van 186000 miles......gone
2000 Xantia Hdi 90bhp Forte Estate 97000 miles gone..........to heaven
New High pressure Fuel Pump and Patched ECU , Blower Module fixed by CitroJim :-)
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I've seen repair kits on ebay and would assume they come with instructions, other than that I can't help. :(
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Yes, sounds like a broken cable, the kits on ebay should be OK the supplier is a member of the XM club.
ianrobbo
My Cars:

Post by ianrobbo »

If yours is a 2000 HDi, I don't think those kits on ebay will do the trick - the earlier (pre99/00) winder mechanisms were different.

Your problem will be the plastic block which slides up and down the runner, to which is attached the window and the ends of the cables. One of the cable ends will have pulled out of the plastic block, probably because the plastic block has cracked.

Same thing happened to mine. I drilled some small holes in the block, and wired up the holes with locking wire, then potted the whole thing up with epoxy.

The mechanism's pretty easy to get out, remove it and see what you've got. I've got a spare passenger door mechanism, so if you need to see that one to give you an idea of how the thing should be assembled, I can put a couple of photos on for you.
2000 Xantia 2.0 HDi
1989 Saab c900 T16S
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

ianrobbo wrote:If yours is a 2000 HDi, I don't think those kits on ebay will do the trick - the earlier (pre99/00) winder mechanisms were different.

Your problem will be the plastic block which slides up and down the runner, to which is attached the window and the ends of the cables. One of the cable ends will have pulled out of the plastic block, probably because the plastic block has cracked.

Same thing happened to mine. I drilled some small holes in the block, and wired up the holes with locking wire, then potted the whole thing up with epoxy.

The mechanism's pretty easy to get out, remove it and see what you've got. I've got a spare passenger door mechanism, so if you need to see that one to give you an idea of how the thing should be assembled, I can put a couple of photos on for you.
I think that's the problem ian as the cable is ok but the plastic block has come off.

If you could post some pics that would be great. 8)
New High pressure Fuel Pump and Patched ECU , Blower Module fixed by CitroJim :-)
ianrobbo
My Cars:

Post by ianrobbo »

Here's a picture of the whole assembly - bear in mind it's the passenger side so everything is reversed.

And here's a photo of the plastic block. You'll see that this one is cracked too, but that's because I dropped it! Again, bear in mind it's reversed.

As I said, I drilled (1 or 1.5mm drill) some carefully placed holes, wired it up with SS locking wire, and potted it all up with epoxy. I thought I'd taken a photo of it after I'd done it, but I can't find it now!
2000 Xantia 2.0 HDi
1989 Saab c900 T16S
pikecrazy
My Cars:

Post by pikecrazy »

Thanks Ian will attempt sometime this week :wink:
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

You could try POWER WINDOWS to see if they can supply a new plastic slider if that's all you need.

I have used this company before for a complete window mechanism & can recommend their service.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer