Ed's method, hammer or tool?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lazza
My Cars:

Ed's method, hammer or tool?

Post by lazza »

HI

Ed's method:

I couldnt try Ed's method. Basically I thought that I use the existing M8 locking holes that i've in place to keep the sprocket still.. but these wont be behind the pump even if I move it. However maybe I need to take the those locking nuts out, turn the sprocket and find the other holes??

Spanish Omelette

I went to the official Citroen garage here. They said they dont have a tool and generally use a hammer! :?

Primitve Tools

Managed to get hold of some soft iron, not sure what that is but it seems strong enough. And one thing the Citroen garage did give me was two M7 bolts. So with some careful drilling hopefully i'll have a tool for the weekend.

A couple of questions:-

1. my metal bar is 40mm high rather than 25mm as specified by Jim. I presume this makes no difference?
2. do i leave the big shaft nut on and loose, or take it off completely?

here´s a pic of my what i hope to make the tool with:

thanks all
Larry
(1996 Citroen Xantia 1.9TD LX with aircon)
Living in exile in Spain
Running on 100% veggie in summer
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Dont tell anyone, but the three times I have removed a pump I have used a variation on citroen's method, carefully

but please please dont say anything!!

:oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Hammer & a long prybar with an angled end, loosen the nut a few turns & whack it in the middle. :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

wheeler wrote:Hammer & a long prybar with an angled end, loosen the nut a few turns & whack it in the middle. :twisted:
I'm far too gentle for this game :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...