Leaking pump (suspension) URGENT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

randomx
My Cars:

Leaking pump (suspension) URGENT

Post by randomx »

Welcome back everybody,
have a problem where LHM fluid is leaking from one of the fluid lines leaving the pump, not the line connection but where the brass insert is connected to the pump, when the pump clicks I can see a pulse of LHM fluid raising around the brass insert to the pump.
Im wondering if this insert can be un-screwed from the pump and sealed up with tape or wheather its a more serious issue like a new pump. Hope not.
Losing about a litre a day
Regards Mike
michael
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Mike,
I have a feeling we may have covered this a year or so ago and from memory (that someone will no doubt jog if I'm wrong) I think it worked out that it was possible to remove from the car, wash with petrol & either silver solder (preferred option) or coat with an epoxy & then tap back into place. As I say, I have a vague recollection of this.
Personally, I have silver soldered high pressure lines very successfully before today with 100% success rates so providing the one doing the silver soldering is competant enough & uses a flame with well focussed heat & the correct type of solder (brown tip) there should be no damage to the pump.
Alan S