turbo air distribution removal!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lazza
My Cars:

turbo air distribution removal!

Post by lazza »

HI

I'm currently planning a fixing/replacement of my Bosch fuel pump. First hurdle is removing the air distribution housing for the turbo.. which is a right pain and in the way of everything.

My question is whether I can run the engine without the housing on. So whilst I'm testing everything it will save me having to fix it all back up again until i'm sure it's working ok. My guess is that this is dangerous for the turbo...

could someone let me know?

thanks alot
Larry
(1996 Citroen Xantia 1.9TD LX with aircon)
Living in exile in Spain
Running on 100% veggie in summer
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Larry, i doubt it would upset the turbo..

the car may not have much go.. but for ideling work and so on, for short periods I would think it ok..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Absolutely agree with John :D We've all done it. You get a lovely induction roar :D

In fact, you don't need to remove all the ductuing to get the pump off, Just the one that runs across from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. The other one will move far enough out of the way to wriggle off the pump. Jast as well as the two 10mm bolts that connect its flange to the turbo are tricky and nearly inaccessible..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...