xsara estate noise's....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tgrfc

xsara estate noise's....

Post by tgrfc »

Hey all once again,

Ok so i now have my new(ish) car and im loving it, but!!!!

Theres always a but, when doing a bit of speed, not exsesive amounts and i go over a bump i get a very hollow thud sound from the nearside rear wheel.
I took it to the garage for diagnosis and they cant seem to find anything wrong but they did not test drive it..

Any suggestions????

John
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Now this is going to sound bizarre John but...

Is the bump-stop all present and correct on the side that is making the noise?

It looks like an orangy-brown concertina hanging down from the body just above the rear trailing arm. It gets plenty of use with the nice soft suspension and they do suffer over time...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tgrfc

Post by tgrfc »

Hi Jim,

I did take a peak under at the garage and noticed the stop was there i also noticed where the stop was hitting on the trailing arm, i presume this is normal with the circle mark it had made and should be hitting this part of the assembly when going over bumps??

The guy had a pretty thorough look and play, But still i think he should have had a spin.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

If there's no obvious play in the trailing arm bearings, then it probably needs new rear subframe mounts:

Subframe mounts info
Richard W