Head Gasket set ID parade

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Head Gasket set ID parade

Post by MikeT »

Can anyone identify what these parts are for? Presumably it will be more clear on rebuild (removal is a distant memory :lol: ) but it's better to familiarise myself beforehand I think.

Starting at the top, I know the 8x green seals (left) are for the valve stems. The copper and tin washers (right) are for the injectors and of course, the big eight-hole tin plate is the manifold gasket but I'm unsure about the rest at the bottom.

Far left is 4x thick, card washers and one big copper o-ring below?
Next to those is a sort of foam-type gasket that I suspect seals the water pipe cover behind the fuel pump?
Next to that looks like a small exhaust downpipe gasket?
The 2x thick black seals look identical and I assume one is for the camshaft but the other?
Then there are what looks like 2x small drive belts?
And finally, another two foam gaskets? The odd shape should be a big clue but doesn't ring any bells.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Mike,

This is a universal set and some you might not need...

Along the bottom, the little round ones are for the rocker box cover studs (I think)

Then, left to right, water plate behind the pump, ?, camshaft - the second one being for cars that don't have a vacuum pump on the end but a pulley. Only one needed in your case, Thermostat seals, the next two are for the thermostat housing.

I have no clue as to the function of the copper ring or the big silver oval gasket. I will play a blinder and say EGR valve.

You seem to be missing a big thinn and very small thick O ring set for the vacuum pump although the old ones are usually reusable.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim
i think you have stated ass about face (TEA HE )

and top left are valve stem seals X8,

and top right are the injector copper and stainless steel seals

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:Jim
i think you have stated ass about face (TEA HE )
It's the time of day Malcolm. I'm still waiting for the STOP light on my brain to go out :lol: I've not quite achieved full brain pressure yet. My low coffee light is also on...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...