.....Crush My Peugeot.....

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

.....Crush My Peugeot.....

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So what happened to the 307 owner, who told Peugeot, and the supplying dealer he was going to do it.

Did he do it in the end?

Here's the link to the web site.

Nothing has been heard for some time, no information in the national press, etc, so did that 307 shrink, or stay the same size ?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

.....What Really Happened ???.....

Post by ACTIVE8 »

In the end the he's taking advertising on the site, and the national press did not report on the "Crush" he had on his car !

So did Peugeot get the situation "Hushed ?"

Or was it as Jennifer Paige said, "Just A little Crush."

I like Peugeot's (and of course other French cars) so, don't get me wrong I just wanted to know the outcome !
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

My guess is that the sympathy and cash he was after failed to materialise and he ended up just living with the car or trading it in for something equally troublesome.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Stunned Monkey

Post by Stunned Monkey »

Cheers for the link - didn't know about that, an interesting read. Says on his site that the time limit passed with donations of "only" £400-odd which were donated to Cancer Research

More interestingly, 37 confirmed cancellations of orders for new 307's as a result of his site.
Last edited by Stunned Monkey on 12 Sep 2008, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Martin
-------
Old Faithful: Silver V-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, died due to tin worm @ 259k miles
New Faithful: Silver W-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, 169k miles and counting...
Previous: Various BX's, XM V6 24,
Venturi Atlantique 300, Alpine A610
TehAgent
My Cars:

Post by TehAgent »

From what i read of the problems, most of them sound like a dodgy ECU.

My Peugeot (see sig) hasn't gone wrong since i got it, Ive only ever had to replace 2 rear tires and the complete exhaust to get it past its first MOT with me.

The only other problem it has is it doesn't turn the engine fans on when it gets up to temperature, but I've wired a manual switch up inside the car for that until i can be bothered to getting around to fixing it my self.

Might email him and see if he wants to swap his 307 for my 406, Would then give me a good excuse to post on the forums lol :)
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (The Fast One)
Stunned Monkey

Post by Stunned Monkey »

I'm not entirely surprised the 406 is reliable - it's on the same platform as the Xantia, isn't it? ;)
Martin
-------
Old Faithful: Silver V-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, died due to tin worm @ 259k miles
New Faithful: Silver W-reg Xantia HDi Exclusive, 169k miles and counting...
Previous: Various BX's, XM V6 24,
Venturi Atlantique 300, Alpine A610
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stunned Monkey wrote:I'm not entirely surprised the 406 is reliable - it's on the same platform as the Xantia, isn't it? ;)
Indeed, they do "platform share" mechanicals and floor plans but there the similarity ends. 406s are brilliantly good cars in a workaday manner but they're no Xantia and in the driving, bear no resemblence at all. The best parts of the Xantia got left out of the 406 and it shows.

On balance, having experienced both (my son has a 2.1TD 406) I'd go for the Xantia every time.

Now it might just be a different matter if the 406 had Hydractive suspension...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My cousin, who has bought a brand new Honda every year for the past twenty three years was so disgusted with her new Civic with i-drive* or whatever (flappy paddle gearchange) that she went to the dealer across the road and bought a 307 which she has pronounced herself absolutely delighted with in every way, including the superlative service from the dealer.

She has said that on her next purchase she is tempted to try a Citroen (maybe to mollify me :) ) but is a bit sceeered of the C5 as it is too big for her but might go for a C4.

*She always drives automatics and they didn't have one but talked her into this by telling her it was just the same - it wasn't, it was lethal and they were no help in getting it fixed - they had it for six out of the nine months she owned it without making any progress, then had the cheek to offer her a Jazz and were only going to take a grand off her for the trouble.
Needless to say they got very short shrift and no further custom from her.