Airbag Light stay on?

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Airbag Light stay on?

Post by MikeT »

Common problem with the Xantia - surprised it's not already been posted here, and as the subject's just been brought up again in the Citroen section, thought I should correct that oversight.

The problem is the pre-tensioner wiring under the front seats have unreliable connection blocks that presumably get stressed over the years. A clean and refit may see the problem go away but a more permanent solution is to simply solder the wires together.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Common problem with the Xantia - surprised it's not already been posted here, and as the subject's just been brought up again in the Citroen section, thought I should correct that oversight.

The problem is the pre-tensioner wiring under the front seats have unreliable connection blocks that presumably get stressed over the years. A clean and refit may see the problem go away but a more permanent solution is to simply solder the wires together.
Does that mean simply connecting the wires to do without the plug/socket, or 'short' the two feed wires?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Replace the plug with solder joints, or swap them out for deans connectors so they're still detachable.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Re: Airbag Light stay on?

Post by lurchy666 »

also on a sieres 2 xantia with side airbags, if the side airbag light goes off like usual but the main airbag light flashes, take out the airbag switch (next to handbrake) and move the key about in it to clean the contacts a bit or take the top of the switch off and make sure the key part is properly turning the switch part of the switch and that the switch aint full of dust/bits like mine was and then put it back together and put it in and try it again, that solved my flashy airbag light,
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
allanmc
My Cars:

Re: Airbag Light stay on?

Post by allanmc »

Hi , I have a series 2 Xantia HDI and for a few months the Airbag light was flashing, I tried the wires under the drivers seat, no good tried cleaning the passenger airbag switch still no good then last week the guy with the Lexia who was working on the car told me that the switch was at fault as you might know I bought a used ECU from Exell Recycling Ltd also a switch and now I am glad to say the light goes out as it should I am going to this guy tomorrow he is going to fit the ECU so hopefully my battery drain problem will at last be solved

allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999