Xsara Side airbag warning light a fix that worked on mine!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nuneatonrob
My Cars:

Xsara Side airbag warning light a fix that worked on mine!!

Post by Nuneatonrob »

Hi to everyone first of all.

I don't know if this has been a topic before, but I recently had a issue with my Xsara's side airbag warning light coming on, and staying on after going on a journey with stuff in the back of the car and rear foot wells.

I noticed that the block connectors under the seat had been disturbed, and had dropped down onto the floor.

I simply clipped the connectors back into their positions under the seats, and as if by magic, the warning light then went off and stayed off.

The reason for the post, is I drove a company Xsar a couple of years back, and that had the same problem, and Citroen wanted a fortune to look at it, let alone fix the issue.

I am not saying this would be the case for all side airbag warning light issues, but I know that this can sometimes be an issue on some of them.

It seems to me, that the system seems to know that the block connectors and securly located under the seat.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Reply to this post if you have had this problem before and what worked for you!!.

Cheers folks,

Rob
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Its a very common problem & you will probably find the light will come back on eventually, the connectors are notoriuosly bad even when they are clipped into the holders. The best pemanant solution is to cut out the connectors & solder the wires together.
jimbow
My Cars:

Post by jimbow »

under which seat are the connectors ? (My 1.9D Xsara's light stays on too)

(not necessary to remove the seat, I trust - just slide it all the way back perhaps?)
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i've had problems with the airbag light on my xsara, i've looked under the drivers seat and one set of the wires has been soldered together but the other one still has the connector on it and this is the one that is giving my problems so i'm going to solder that one as well and hopefully this will sort it.
like wheeler said if you don't do this the problem usually come back.