C5 service indicator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GB
My Cars:

C5 service indicator

Post by GB »

My C5's service indicator is showing up since this morning - it indicates that a service is 50 miles overdue (it shows a spanner image and -50).

The problem is that until yesterday evening it was showing up ~15,000 to the next service. According to the service history the last service was done back in April (at 30142 miles, it's done just over 35,000 miles now).

Any idea what's causing this?

Cheers,
GB
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

Nothing else showing up in the fault log reported by the trip computer? That's as opposed to the fault codes in the engine that you'll have to have expensively read at the dealer...?

Pete
Xantia HDi 110 Excl Estate 140k
C5 HDi 138 Estate
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Try this it worked on mine.

With ignition switched OFF

Press & hold the trip reset button ( one you use to 0 the trip mileage )

Turn ignition to ON

Keep the button held down & watch the countdown in the display 9, 8, 7 etc till it gets to 0

When it gets to 0 release the button & it should be reset.
Mines an 03 though.
GB
My Cars:

Post by GB »

pete_wood_uk wrote:Nothing else showing up in the fault log reported by the trip computer? That's as opposed to the fault codes in the engine that you'll have to have expensively read at the dealer...?

Pete
Nope. Nothing in the log.

I guess that since the Service light is off, it's more likely to do with regular servicing than with any faults.

I know how to reset it back, but I would like to find out the reason for this sudden change.

GB
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI