c5 tyre pressure sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

devonrider

c5 tyre pressure sensor

Post by devonrider »

Hi all,

This is my 1st post on here and I have one question:
The pressure sensor in my c5 is faulty (valve broken), can I just have a new one fitted, or does the computer have to be told that there is a new one?

Many thanks,
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

they must be programed with a diagnostic computer.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

You can have standard valves fitted when you next change your tyre. The trick is knowing which sensor is faulty.

I have two of my sensors replaced with standard valves and the only thing I get is a warning on the display saying '1 tyre pressure sensor missing' even though 2 are missing. I don't know why it only reports 1 missing.

This alarm appears when you reach 25 mph and then disappears so isn't much of a problem.

Citroen main dealer told me a new valve with sensor would cost around £65 on top of the cost of a new tyre if I have the tyres replaced at the dealers.

cheers, Kev
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Fella

Tyre Sensors

Post by Fella »

C5s can be reprogrammed to ignore tyre sensors - my local dealer did it for free.
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

But they are quite handy sometimes - I was sceptical after purchase, but the other week mine warned me of a slow puncture in a rear tyre (it had dropped from 36psi to 30psi) which I certainly hadn't noticed on a brief routine walk-around the car. Wheel removal and inspection found a self-tapper embedded in mid-tread, which if left could have caused a catastrophic blow out.

Score one for pressure sensors!

Cheers
Pete

PS: And if anyone posts saying "You should check your tyre pressures every day", then all I can say is Get A Life - or rather, since you've got time on your hands, have some of my life... :)
Xantia HDi 110 Excl Estate 140k
C5 HDi 138 Estate
fred1

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

Try this link for replacement sensors.

http://tyre-equipment.co.uk/acatalog/Pr ... alves.html

They are about £25 +vat and inc postage.

Regards

John