This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cleansweep

Post by cleansweep »

Hello to all,

I own a xantia hdi est, (new to citroen) and have lots of praise for the car very comfortable, economical, drives and handles well, so i thought becoming a member here would be wise thing to do to gain knowledge and share information on my citroen.

Well the first thing i need to do is get my radio working, (code)
model PU2294B s/n CL0402Y0199569

Then i need to sort out another key as im realy frightened of losing the one i have, i think its expensive getting sorted otherwise.
W reg xantia Hdi Estate
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Nice car. You'll need a crash course in hydraulics if you are new to Citroen, and this is just the place to get it. :D Welcome aboard.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

This place must be a magnet for people with Xantia estates. :lol: I just signed up the other day and have a white '99... You can also sign up for the free factory spares documentation facility, "service.citroen".

Citroën can furnish a new key based on your VIN; otherwise there's info floating about the web on how to measure your existing one with slide calipers, "crack" the key code based on these measurements and have a locksmith cut one from blank stock.

If you're new to Cits, might be worth confirming the spheres are healthy and strut tops not in danger of failure. The cars are reaching an age where neglectful or ignorant ownership can compromise safety of both occupants and others.

As a DIY (of the experienced type) vehicle, they seem to be about 85% intuitive and 15% cussedness. Being proactive about upkeep will make the difference between enjoyment and dissatisfaction.

Cheers, Adam.
cleansweep

Post by cleansweep »

addo wrote:You can also sign up for the free factory spares documentation facility, "service.citroen".

That looks good!!!
addo wrote: If you're new to Cits, might be worth confirming the spheres are healthy and strut tops not in danger of failure.

Cheers, Adam.
The front sphears are all good and new, :)

.......................................................................Does anybody know if i can unblock that radio code................

:)
W reg xantia Hdi Estate
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You can get the code from your local Cit dealer who will gladly charge you £15. :shock:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
MJM
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by MJM »

I've just joined, as well.

No Xantia estate, though, I've a 1999 "T" reg 2 litre 16v petrol Exclusive.

I didn't have the radio code etc with the car, one dealer wanted £15 per number, ie radio code, key number and security code. Total £45.

I called in at another and was given all three for no charge! I needed the V5 as proof of ownership, though.
MJM
1999 Dante red Xantia Exclusive 2,0 petrol. No smelly diesel for me. Now re-homed
2007 Wicked Red C5 Exclusive. Now a smelly diesel automatic for me.