106 sunroof drains

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

z9pug

106 sunroof drains

Post by z9pug »

Can anyone tell me exactly where the sunroof drains on a 94' 106 lead out to? My drivers side sill fills with water when it rains and I have proved it's the sunroof drain by pouring water down the drain tube at the sunroof end, I have tried to clear it using insulated wire but it does'nt seem to get right to the bottom. Other posts on this subject indicate that the drains are behind the wheel arch trim. I have removed the trim but still can't see the drains! Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome to the forum Z9 :D

I can't say for sure on a 106 but if they're like the 205 then the drains will exit high up the "A" pillers behind the arch liners. You're maybe looking too low down. Also, thay may not be directly behind the arch-liners but on the narrow part where the rear of the outer wing joins the inner wing virtually in the door-shut.

I find compressed air is the best way to clear them. They usually block due to moss and other much fouling their outlets.

If you are still searching in vain in a day or two, come back and I'll take a look at a neighbours Saxo of similar vintage. I'll guess they will be in the same place.

The drain tube may also have detatched itself from the sunroof at the top. Where do you see water dripping down from?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
z9pug

Post by z9pug »

Thanks for the info, still can't find the drains but, they are connected at the sunroof end. Think compressed air sounds like the way foward.