Dash Light Bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BrianM
My Cars:

Dash Light Bulbs

Post by BrianM »

Anyone have a link to where I can get dash light bulbs for a Xantia? (motor factors is out of them). Closest I can see on the net is 17.5mm high with a bulb diameter of 5 mm, the one that was in there was 15mm high with bulb dia of 3mm. Its for the lower of the two bulbs in the heater control so it needs to be short - although I think the 2.5 mm extra would fit in.

Thanks

Brian

97 Xantia TD
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

Any Citroen dealer will have them. They cannot be too expensive. Some of those bulbs are impossible to get in a Motor Factors. Halfords in the Blanchardstown just may have them -if you live in Dublin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

GSF do a good range of dash bulbs....i know i used to work there...

Give them a try...there is one in belfast i think but all can do you mail order :wink:
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

There are two GSF's in Dublin too

Phone:
01 4606062
01 8622884
ImageImage
Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

These bulbs should be all available in any decent factors as they are not exclusive to the Xantia.

The most common is the capless bulb numbered 286, but I don't think that you can get the bulbs out of the little black cap on the Xantia original bulb so it may be better to go for the 286T these come in the cap.

Or, if you want a pretty coloured dash and look up the part number on ebay and you will find them in pink, blue, green or whatever colour that the mood requires.

Regards,
Martin.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Thanks all, already have a variety of dash bulbs, but the one at the bottom of the heater control is tight for space.

Brian
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Never seen the heater ones available anywhere other than a main stealer.
That's one of the things I forgot to grab when I was last at the scappy!
I've tried using LED's before, but it needs an omni directional light source to work so they were no good, even the large extra bright ones.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Xac wrote:I've tried using LED's before, but it needs an omni directional light source to work so they were no good, even the large extra bright ones.
Just a tip, try lightly sanding the tip of the LED, it scatters the light rather than it being concentrated. You can also buy LEDs that have flat tops, these are quite good for dashes and heater panels.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Toby_HDi wrote:
Xac wrote:I've tried using LED's before, but it needs an omni directional light source to work so they were no good, even the large extra bright ones.
Just a tip, try lightly sanding the tip of the LED, it scatters the light rather than it being concentrated. You can also buy LEDs that have flat tops, these are quite good for dashes and heater panels.
Think I will try that technique if I replace some of my switch bulbs (as they burn out their coloured housing turning it black).
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
merlin617
My Cars:

Post by merlin617 »

update Citroen Stealer: 1.2w 12v heater control illumination bulbs part # 611260 (Xantia) £2.40 + vat
Xantia 1.8 Sensation Hatch 1999
Saxo 1.0 1999