xantia aircon not working after cam belt change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greencruiser
My Cars:

xantia aircon not working after cam belt change

Post by greencruiser »

I have 97 Citroen Xantia 1.9td, I recently had the cam belt changed & the aircon has never worked since. The light on the dash doesn't light up once the button is pressed, the engine drop's a little to indicate that it has switched on but the air doesn't get colder. The air con worked fine before the cam belt change! Does anyone have any suggestions:?:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

was the cam belt fitted by a garage, if so i would take it straight back and get them to check what they might have done,
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I agree with Malcolm, take it back if it was done by a garage!!!

However, it may just be something as simple as the Hi/Lo switch connector has been disturbed on the receiver/dryer (the cylinder near the ECU box with the sightglass on it).

It is often helpful to pull this connector to make removal of the engine mount easy...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
greencruiser
My Cars:

Post by greencruiser »

Sorry about the delay in responding.
I've been planning on calling the mechanic back out to the xantia, just wanted to check if it was anything simple before i did.
Could you give me some directions to locate this high/low switch connector, i've not had much luck finding it

Thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's on the top side of the receiver/drier bottle (the cylinder with the sight-glass on top of it. Normal location is just in front of the radiator on the left-hand side (as you look in the engine bay with the bonnet up) adjacent to the ECU box above the wing. It'll be a 4-way connector.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Look at the picture in the first post of this thread and the receiver/drier is in location A10/B9. The connector is clearly visible.

Hope that helps!
Jim

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

The A/C switch in the cabin is notorious for fading the "on" light giving the appearance it has not switched the A/C on. If you push the switch in extreme darkness, you should see a dim glow at least.