Height corrector update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Height corrector update

Post by Toby_HDi »

It's all sorted now.

Many many thanks to MikeT for showing how its done (read as doing it while I watch) At least now I know how to do one myself.

Thanks again Mike, was good to meet you. Drive home was nice compared to what it's been like recently :D

Now to get the spheres done and give it some hydraflush etc 8)
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Toby, it was good to meet you at last and see your xantia. Nice car!

Thanks for coming over and giving me the opportunity to assist - I have had an enormous amount of help from this forum and it's members in the past so it made a pleasant change to give something back.

(Although, you have to take the credit for popping the last cup in place before I got my mallet out. :lol:)

I'm just glad the corrector hadn't seized but there was white grease on the mechanism so someone's been looking after it well.

It was interesting to note the retaining clip - though I can't fathom why it's just on one cup end and not both. Perhaps it's just to stop it getting lost when they do pop off?

I have to say though, I've never witnessed such a fast tick rate! Was it two or three ticks per second? I'd be happy to help you with that job too - it's all good experience to me.
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Not a problem, if I can help you in anyway at any point then let me know.

That is true, checked it again when I got home and it has held so all is good.

Could be, I don't know, I might ask next time I go to Citroen.

Yer something like that! Will be getting done soon. Thanks for the offer, will let you know when I have all the parts.

Quick question - to do the job, how much hydraflush will I need and how much LHM? Would it be worth bleeding the brakes then or waiting until I changed the pads and discs?

Thanks
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Toby
Glad you and Mike got it sorted nice chap is Mike

As for the hydraflush/lhm question you will need 5ltrs of either to do the change and i would definitely bleed the brakes when you do the fluid change- remember to syphon as much out of the resevior before you try to remove it can get very messy :lol: :lol:

Im away for a fortnight soon but if you need the sphere removal tool ive got one sat in the shed :) :)

Colin