C1 HDI or Peugeot 107 ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

numpydumpty

C1 HDI or Peugeot 107 ??

Post by numpydumpty »

Hi,

I'm considering buying a new small car and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions whether I should go for a Citroen C1 HDI or Peugeot 107 or perhaps neither.

I want the best possible MPG to make the best saving on fuel but I also want to use it on the motorway and have a reliable car that will last 6+years / 100,000+ miles.

I'm doing about 50 miles per day, about 70% motorway and 30% city driving.

The C1 HDI has better MPG figures than the 107 yet diesel is more expensive. A 1.4 diesel suggests it may be more reliable than a 1.0 litre petrol ? yet the diesel unit pumps out less power - perhaps making it hard work to drive ? Reviews I've read say that the diesel is noisy and lacks power. I having a hard time deciding :) any thoughts or suggestions would be great !
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

Go for petrol.
Toyota have apparently stopped producing the diesel for the other variant, the Aygo.
Marginal difference in mpg tbh.

Mrs C.J. runs around in a 107. Unfortunately, and suprisingly, the water pump has got to be replaced tomorrow due to excessive whining...the pump that is, not the missus! :lol:

Nice little economical run around car though. Not sure if I'd want to do many motorway miles in one though. :?
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!