406 AirCon/Ventilation Power Dead

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bcomerford

406 AirCon/Ventilation Power Dead

Post by bcomerford »

Hi,

I hope someone can help me...

I have a Peugeot 406 2.0 GLX (1998). The power to the digital aircon panel disppeared about a week ago. I replaced the panel with a second hand one, but it made no difference. After much searching about with a voltmeter, I found that the power to the circuit protected to fuse F21 (Air Conditioning & Ventilation) is dead.

The wiring in the car appears to be in good nick, and I checked all the connector blocks I could get to by removing the glove box ..etc..

Has anyone seen this before? Is it maybe a compressor problem or heater blower control problem?

For what it's worth, there was an intermittant problem about a year ago, but it resolved itself ...

Thanks in advance

Barry
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Is the circuit feeding fuse F21 - completely dead ?

If thats the case - then use a pair of extension cables to power the circuit - via an inline fire safety fuse of 30Amps (important !) - from the battery to the F21 socket.
Note the fuse must be located nearest to the battery connection.

That will instantly tell you if the rest of the circuit is well functioning.
You can not harm anything by doing this circuit bridging - as all you do is providing a missing power feed.

I'm trying to locate a possible bad fuse/junction box for you this way. Not unheard of on PSA cars.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
bcomerford

Post by bcomerford »

Hi Anders,

Just to confirm, I'm going to use 2 cables (1 connected to each battery terminal with a fuse on the battery side) and stick them into the f21 fuse ports inside the fuse box ?

I guess if it works, then its a power supply problem, and if not its a component problem?

Right now, both fuse ports are reading aero volts at key-on

Thanks again

Barry
bcomerford

Post by bcomerford »

Hi again Anders,

I applied power to the circuit as you suggested (not quite as I described above) and everything worked out fine - the circuit is good.

The problem appears to be a feed from the ignition switch (KK1 line to Fuse F21).

Thanks again for the help - I think I will just get the ignition switch changed.

Cheers

Barry