Activa spares

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Don't be scared to drive it! An Activa is to be enjoyed and believe me, an Activa can be as reliable as any other Xantia. Mine is well used and touch wood, it's totally reliable. Nothing is that delicate on them :D

As for spares, it's not a problem. Everything is easily available and much is shared with the 2.1TD (surprisingly). Whilst it would be nice to hold spare rams, if they're not leaking, they're not going to suddenly fail and spheres, although specific, last as well as any other Xantia and if push comes to shove, spheres from other Xantias can be used. Remember an Activa is just a Hydractive Xantia with some additional bits on it.

As for spares that are useful to keep in, I keep an aux. belt, strut leakage return pipes, hydraulic seals and a height corrector link. I also keep brake pads, filters and 5 litres of LHM on the shelf along with a selection of fuses and relays. I travel with a good emergency toolkit.

So go out and enjoy it! Look after it, give it regular TLC but don't wrap it in cotton wool...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

A good spare radiator and heater matrix!? :roll:

Ok. seriously, if you chance upon an Activa carcass left from a pugswap,
get an engine ECU with a working code, a suspension computer that works
as it should as well as the cooling hoses, rad and rams as these are pretty
much the main unique Activa items unless you're worried about your
badges being nicked!!

Then there's the Activa seats, the front bumper, front wings and pretty
much the rest of the bodywork IF you find it in the right colour as 'that'
red - it is a unique to Activa colour after all...

Serious again for a moment, the rear ram bush, and the top engine
stabiliser mounting are worth getting new and fitting. Why is it being
mothballed off the road? Bank balance taken a clout with your recent
unleaded intake!? :(

Andrew
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

strut tops?

:cry:
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

You have to get it out in different lights to fully appreciate the flip paint
now you've washed and polished it!

Just don't let Jim see the shiny red pictures! ;)

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A spare rear ram bush is always a handy thing to keep in stock as they don't live long and the clonking and noise they cause is hard to live with.

Genuine ones are now very expensive. I have, in the past, made acceptable ones out of nylon66 on my lathe. If you want one, let me know and I'll turn one up and send it to you. If nothing else, they work well as a temporary expedient until the loan comes through to enable the purchase of a genuine one :lol:
andmcit wrote: Just don't let Jim see the shiny red pictures! ;)
That's cruelty :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...