NW Citroen Meet?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

NW Citroen Meet?

Post by vince »

Guys and girls...is anyone up for a NW Citroen meet sometime? As there doesnt seem to be many happening why not start one?

Initial thoughts are to meet in Manchester on a Sunday perhaps in Trafford Park?

Anyone interested, please post on here your thoughts or PM me and we can arrange something...

Of course all Citroens are welcome....older and querkier the better :wink:
newmezuk04

Post by newmezuk04 »

Manchester sounds good to me but I dont have a Citroen to offer but I would love to sit in an XM :D
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

well all we need is to scare up an XM owner or 2 :)

For me id love to sit / ride in a DS and an Ami 8)

I only have a humble Xantia...a damn good one though and a VSX at that :wink:

These threads take a few days....people will come :)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

We have had several NW meetings in the past. The last couple were at a pub called "Rompers" just off the m56 near Manchester airport.

You come off at Juction 6 (M56) and take the road to Wilmslow... Rompers is just a few hundred yards down on the left.. The car parks are behind the pub, to get into them go left at the pub, pass the front of it, left again down the side of it, then left again into the car parks.. :roll:

It has several car parks, the best one to use is first on the right, and go right to the bottom, that one is never very full and you can all park close together.. :)

Rompers is very easy to find, and quite a nice place, they serve meals etc if anyone needs one.. The viewing galleries for Man airport are close by so you can even see Concorde if you like.. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Cool James,

When is the next one ? how many turn up and what kind of cars turn up? :)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Vince, I think about 15 came to the last meeting, Vanny organised most of them..

Mike (roundtuit) and his wife from the Brighouse area came once in a Diane, and again in their DS, both lovely cars... :) There were several BX's, one of which was diesel-auto, a few Xantias, couple of ZX's and some other cars that I have forgoten -- :oops: :roll:

No more meetings were arranged after the last one for some reason..

I think the forum got a bit disrupted due to change of ownership around that time, followed by server probs, and it's only in the last few months that it has really settled down again.. :)

Sooo... Now is probably a good time to start thinking about meeting again I think..

One thing we did decide for future ref, was for people to wear some sort of identity badge so we could all recognise each other easily.. :D ..
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

One thing we did decide for future ref, was for people to wear some sort of identity badge so we could all recognise each other easily.. ..
Why are there no FrenchCarForum T-shirts/mugs etc :?: :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Why are there no FrenchCarForum T-shirts/mugs etc :?: :D
Steve, there well could be. You've just reminded me. If you look on the BX Club forum as a member, you'll see they have such things, done by a member. He will, I believe, if there is interest, do the same for the FCF...

I'll get in touch with the relevant person and post about it in a while...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Has anyone noticed that we still seem to be tee-shirtless? heh heh.. :roll: :lol:

Just thought i'd mention it Jim.. lmho.. I wanted to put an imoticon of a nonchalant whisler here but I failed.. dohhh..