C5 gone loopy

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

C5 gone loopy

Post by civvie »

My C5 is having a hissy fit at the moment, the parking sensors have stopped working, a beep is made on selecting reverse then nothing until I bump what is behind, the washers for the windscreen have stopped working, and the electric windows are out of sequence IE when you push the button on the remote to open windows they all work except the front passenger one. I did disconnect the battery for a couple of hours hoping to clear these problems, but they are still there. Is it a trip to Citroen so they can reset or reload something or second mortgage time, any help appreciated

Cheers steve

C5 HDI 2.2 Auto.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Our estate went a bit loopy for a while, although in different ways from yours, and it turned out to be a bad connection in the brake lights. The clue was that the centre brake light never went fully out. It's certainly worth checking out the lights before handing over wads of cash.

It might be a broken wire in the driver's door shut. Bad earths cause very odd behaviour on conventionally wired cars and multiplex wiring makes it even odder.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

check for water in the parking assist ECU/ connector.
Its located in the spare wheel well & its a small black box with 2 plugs on it.
As for the windows, did you reset them after you disconnected the batter by holding the up switch for a few seconds once the glass gets to the top on all windows ?
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

The windows might be fixed if you press and hold up on the one that does not work, for a few seconds after its in closed posititon. That has happened on mine.
Don't know about rest sorry
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

thanks for the info window sorted, but how many earthing points are there and any clue where they are placed, don't want to rip the plastic panels off on a search.

Thanks steve