No Air To Screen (Xantia)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpc

No Air To Screen (Xantia)

Post by mattpc »

Car is Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Estate

Oh dear...

All was well with the heating ventilation system until I got a cable with a mini jack stuck down the vent which sits on the dash to blow air at the screen (demist). It was stuck so I pulled and when I met resistance I had the brain wave of changing the setting on the vents to see if this might release the said cable with jack. After a bit of tugging it did but the vent controls got hard to move. The cog mechanism broke!!! Ok I can fix this it's just a case of swapping the control panel out for one that I haven't murdered. In the mean time I can move the cable to select vent positions but the all important vent for the screen does not seem to open/close. This is going to be a big problem in the winter. Any idea how I can fix this pleeeease?

:oops:
Xantia number three is..
HDI Exclusive Estate Cat C
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

The heater blower is on the passengers side of the car, so the distribution unit will be near this (thats the box that directs the airflow)

Remove the carpet under the glovebox and look up you will see the blower unit. I think that your Xantia is a MK2? (as you mention the HDi engine) and the heating setup may be diffrent to my Mk1. Its so long since I last dook the dash apart on my old Xantia that I cant remember where the distribution unit is, but I fear that you may have to remove a few items off the centre of the dash like the heater control panel. once you have access to it I cant see a problem with manually adjusting it to direct heat at the screen

Sorry I cant be more of a help on locating it but you have something to start with. Im sure that a Xantia expert will come along and fill in the sketchy gaps :lol:
shaker

Post by shaker »

Matt, I had a similar problem some time ago which was solved with help from xantia_v6 and others.

Check the discussion in the link below, it might help you.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=