MK2 Xantia drivers window woes!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Activamadness

MK2 Xantia drivers window woes!

Post by Activamadness »

Hi,
Am having fun and games with the drivers window regulator on my 99 activa.
The problem is that the little grey plastic clip that holds the glass to the regulator (with the two cables) and slides up and down the metal slide of the regulator, has broken.
Now you would think that this would be easily available from citroen, but no- you can only buy the whole regulator, at 220 quid!
Does anyone have one of these clips that they want to sell, or even a whole window regulator, I am drawing blanks wherever I go!
Many thanks
Jon
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Hi Jon,

I have 2 regulators but I can't remember which is which.As I have replaced both offisde and nearside doors.

Send me a message and we can sort something out.

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
jmd
My Cars:

Window regulator

Post by jmd »

I had the same problem, contact GSF, they sell one for a lot less than you have been quoted, or go to a scrapyard
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

I have a spare reg that works (or did work until I left it in the garden). Previous owner took it off because the cable had snapped. Might be able to help if you show a pic of what you are after?
Xantia number three is..
HDI Exclusive Estate Cat C
Activamadness

Post by Activamadness »

Hi
Struck lucky at the scrap yard, there was a mk2 xantia there, with a regulator with a broken cable, so the clip was mine!
Just finished putting it back together, and it works, unlike my knuckles which are now distinctly lacking in skin!
Jon