Alarm fault (altogether now arrghhh)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sturdybloke

Alarm fault (altogether now arrghhh)

Post by Sturdybloke »

Hey all. First problem with the new car :lol: The alarm wont switch off, or should that be it wont disconnect from the remote locking system.

Come out and unlock the car with the remote key, everythings fine. Open drivers door and alarm sounds off. Push disable switch on the dash and turn ignition on and it stops. Disconnect battery and then re-connect , remote lock with plipper and car locks and deadlocks (hazzards illuminate for a second) and everything if fine. Its when you try and switch the alarm off and open the door is when it happens - the car unlocks but its as if the alarm is still armed and when you open the door it sounds. If you then try to lock & alarm the car it locks & deadlocks but the hazzards dont illuminate for the second as they are suposed to

Its the same scenario if you do it with the key in the door lock

I have read the archives but nobody mentiones symptoms like these

The first problem had to be an electrical problem :twisted:
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

After reading a few posts pointing to the control box under the N/S seat I thought that it had to be a starting point.

Someone has been fiddling here before and the mulitplug connections were not fully pushed in. Result, we now have a working alarm :P

And on a double bonus the floopan is bone dry :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Result :D I have an alarm problem on my 2.1TD Craig and I found a loose plug on the ECU but alas, it did not fix mine :roll: Mine goes off about 10 minutes after it is set. Not found out why yet..
Sturdybloke wrote: And on a double bonus the floopan is bone dry :D
Double result Craig :D That is the best newss. I think you should take a punt on the lottery this evening with luck like you are having right now 8) :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...