Recommended Garage in Sunderland

A list of garages and suppliers that have given proven good service to members. All submissions to this forum must be approved by either an Admin or a Moderator before inclusion.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Recommended Garage in Sunderland

Post by CitroJim »

Recommended by Myglaren..

George David Fraser.

It is located at:

84 Toward Road,
Hendon,
Sunderland
SR28 8JG.

Phone: 0191 565 9132.

It is just a small place but he is knowledgeable and experienced. He hasn't any fancy gear there, just old fashioned engineering skills. He does a good job at a sensible price, which is all one can ask for. I trust him not to charge for anything he hasn't done. I give him free reign to fix anything he finds but anything over about £25 he always phones before going ahead with.

Regards,
Steve.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
duncan bladen
My Cars:

Re: Recommended Garage in Sunderland

Post by duncan bladen »

I can vouch for this garage too , as i had timing belt / water pump , tensioner, idler gear , anti freeze, and power steering belt replaced today , all for just less than £200 .

george is a very nice bloke , showed me all the old bits , rang me when the car was ready , would definatley use again , highly recommended , nothing was too much trouble , a very pleasant experience .

one very minor point , he doesnt do credit/debit card , but he does ring and tell you the cost , and it IS WHAT HE QUOTES YOU .
cannot praise him enough .
1st french car : pug 306 1996 1.9 xld
2nd french car ; ren megane 2001 1400 16v classic
3rd french car : cit xsara ph1 hdi 5dr 2000
current car : cit xsara picasso hdi 2003