COM2000 Unit

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

turflayer

COM2000 Unit

Post by turflayer »

hi all,

im going to be replacing my COM2000 unit (indicator and wiper unit) on my 2002 406. Ive got a new one off ebay which is identical with all the same switchs, however it says its from a C5 and is a slightly different shape (though i belive this because it is newer than my one and possible from a different maufacture - ive been reading up on this and apparently the first manufacturer when out of business because it produced shoddy parts).

does anyone with any knowledge on the subject think ill have any problems when i install it? as far as im aware this is a shared component across many PSA Peugeot Citroen cars the only differences is varations of COM2000 units because of different specs i.e. auto headlights, back wiper, trip computer buttons ect and not different cars models.

...... i dont want anything to go bang

- turflayer
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'm quite sure nothing will go bang.

If this stalk unit indeed do contain more controls than your old one, it wont do any harm, as all the extra controls do is sending activity data on the can bus - trying to activate any control touched - for any component not fitted.

I.e. like toying around with a dummy switch in your instrumet panel that does nothing.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
turflayer

Post by turflayer »

thanks for the reply.

the new com2000 unit i have bought has the same switchs as my current one and doesnt have any extra stuff on my car hasnt got.