Xantia Seat Swap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Xantia Seat Swap

Post by Quackers »

I've got a V Reg Xantia Activa with the standard seats, but would like the black leather, and my rear seats are ripped a little anyway.

Is it just a case of getting a set of phase 2 Xantia leather seats and they just plug in?

Also phase 2 are heated as standard, and i remember on phase 1 the heated seat controls are by the pin entry pad. Are they on the seats on the phase 2?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The wiring loom to the seats on a S2 makes it very difficult to simply plug the seat wiring loom in, however they can be wired in relatively easily. The heated seat controls are in the same location, just ahead of the gear lever in place of those really useful coin slots :roll: .
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

So its going to be messy then? I will not bother, just putting the buttons in alone sounds a hassel if they are not on the seats.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:however they can be wired in relatively easily.
To do the job properly, it's relatively difficult :lol: :twisted: I've been working today to try to wire the seat power supply to the 40A fuse in the fusebox reserved for this duty. I can only do it when the dash comes out at some point in the future to replace the heater matrix. I'm still running on a temporary feed from the cigar lighter supply. What I will do, being my car is a MK1 is do the heater blower relay mod and fit a second relay to feed the seats until I do the matrix and then I can do it properly. At least all the wiring is neatly laid in ready...

The rest of the wiring is a doddle, The S2 seat loom complete can be woven ito the existing loom very neatly, leaving just the issue of picking up a high cirrent power supply.
DickieG wrote: in place of those really useful coin slots :roll: .
So that's what they are! :lol: :lol: I always thought they were vents to keep the keypad cool :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

quack
just putting the buttons in alone sounds a hassel if they are not on the seats.
all the buttons except the heater rheostats are on the seats..

just throw the new seats in place of presents ones, and as Jim and I have done, run a decent earth and fused positive from the cig lighter along center console and attch to the two correct wires on each seat..attach your existing airbags/pretensioner plugs.. thats it ! :twisted: :D

a very easy job to have electric leather M2 seats in place of your ripped M2 seats.. the only slight difficulty is the heaters, but they not essential this time of year..

however, fitting mark 2 leather from an estate into a mark 2 hatch is more involved, I have done this with my car

edit.. Jim is correct that to do a perfect job, using the original fuse socket etc is more involved.. I just cant spare the time :( My front seats can both be operated at the same time, with no fuses blowing or hot wires so I am happy for now

hope that helps
john
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Quackers,

Your S2 Activa should already have a power feed to the seats. My S2 fitted with cloth seats has, even though only the drivers seat is partially powered, the passengers seat has the wiring. Look for a rectangular connector under the seat.

An S2 is even easier as you don't have to change airbag/pretensioner connectors as you do on an S1.
jgra1 wrote:My front seats can both be operated at the same time, with no fuses blowing or hot wires so I am happy for now
That is good John, the job can now definitely wait until the dash comes out :D The only thing is, the ciggy lighter feed is live all the time and if you inadvertantly leave the heaters on, or jog the rheostat, you risk a flat battery. I'll feed via an ignition switched relay for now.

As soon as time permits, I'll do that promised full write up on seat replacement. A few words on how to do the hatch to estate conversion would be very valuable John. It does not look at all straightforward.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

yes Jim will add a descrip for the estate / hatch change. and a pic..

J