LHM & Water leak

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

THELABMAN
My Cars:

LHM & Water leak

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Folks,

I had my car, 1.9TD LX S Reg Mk2, in the garage at the start of the week for a water leak I couldn't trace and they have discovered it and an LHM leak I didn't know I had.

The water leak is coming from one of the hoses down the back of the engine going into the heater matrix, it's seemingly a complete unit and price quoted for a repalcement was about £47 plus the VAT.

The LHM leak is from a pipe coming off a pump low down on the N/S of the engine, it's apparantly a complete one piece pipe connecting to I can't remeber where they said but think it was the steering rack, replacement price about £117 plus the VAT. the cost of supplying and fitting both has been quoted at about £400 so I'm afraid it's beyond what I can afford as I'm not working at the moment,

Luckily my Sensation when I changed the battery started first time and passed it's MOT first time despite not having turned a wheel since early February, thank god I never scrapped her like the wife wanted me to...the only thing is she had the head gasket done last August/Septemeber and has never run right since I got her back, she's using a bit of oil and the street dissapears in a cloud of grey to blue smoke when I start her, even after only sitting a few hours but at least I'm mobile.

I've posted here as didn't want to tie up the help section just wanted to share my woes with fellow members, but right just now I have realy gone off Xantias.........
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)