FCF Test

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

FCF Test

Post by lolingram »

What's the difference between French Car Forum UK and FCF Test
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

FCF Test is a copy of the FCF running on my test/development server. It is used to test modifications and try out experimantal things before doing them for real on the proper FCF.

Recently it was used to prove the anti-spam mods on the FCF, dry-run the creation of some planned new forums on the FCF and most recently to test the effects of renaming a moderator. I always like to test before applying to a live system.

I normally leave it in a disabled condition but occasionally forget to close it after using it, hence you found it! I'm not surprised, it must have been phpBB forum night for the Googlebots; they were all over the forums like a rash.

FCF Test is very out of date. The database it uses dates from the time of the FCF migration to the new databse server so it is a good three months out of date now.

I've disabled it again.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...