Getting the priorities right.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Getting the priorities right.

Post by alan s »

It's often been said that nobody takes his drinkin' more serious than a Territorian, and if anyone wants to argue.......................read this!! :shock: :shock:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/na ... 93862.html

Bet his missus gave him an earful when he got home. :x :cry: :oops:

Cheers,

Alan S :twisted:
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

That remindes me of the old Castlemaine advert, "Looks like we over did the wine for the ladies" :D :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, that's about right :lol:

Having lived up in the Territory, it strikes me as perfectly normal for a Territorian to do that. Where else in the world do you find a drive-thru off-licence on the same lines as a McDonalds Drive-Thru? Those Territorians take their beer pretty seriously...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Clearly wasn't Fosters seeing how much care was lavished on it...
t's often been said that nobody takes his drinkin' more serious than a Territorian, and if anyone wants to argue.......................read this!!
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

You obviously have never seen the size of a "Darwin Stubby"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ite=darwin

My guess is the gents concerned in that area based on reputation and experience may be somewhat hard to see after sunset and the beer of choice would be "Long neck" VB's
Not a brew that appetises the average pallet. :shock: :shock: :oops:

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

"I don't know many people who've ever drunk a Darwin stubby.

"Twenty-four thousand of these are sold every year. Most of those don't get drunk - they sit on the mantelpiece and they're a talking point about somebody's trip to the Northern Territory."
Who's he trying to kid?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

alan s wrote: Not a brew that appetises the average pallet. :shock: :shock: :oops:
That'll be right Alan :lol: A good session of VB was guaranteed to leave you exceedingly fragile the next day. Rough as guts literally, known to do both your head and guts in at the same time :twisted: They reckoned it was nearly all chemicals. mainly sulphuric acid I reckon :D Revolting stuff was VB.

Tooeys Blue was always my brew of choice until I discoverd the rather fine Aussie red wines. Bliss was sitting of an evening looking out to sea as the sun went down enjoying a good bottle of the aforementioned red wine with convivial company. Perfect :D

I still miss Australia :cry:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

lolingram wrote:
"I don't know many people who've ever drunk a Darwin stubby.

"Twenty-four thousand of these are sold every year. Most of those don't get drunk - they sit on the mantelpiece and they're a talking point about somebody's trip to the Northern Territory."
Who's he trying to kid?
Don't forget we're talking pretty high strength stuff, but apart from that, they are a genuine collectors item. It seems that almost everybody who ever visits Darwin, take one home and often a couple for friends as well.

Believe me, if a Territorian can't drink one, I don't give too many others much hope as Jim would know.

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.