Left Hand Drive Car Req'd for Feature Film

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

maj1912

Left Hand Drive Car Req'd for Feature Film

Post by maj1912 »

I am looking for a left hand drive car (and poss. driver) for a scene in a feature film that takes place in a canadian taxi cab. We would require the car for a day's shooting currently set on Sunday 25th May near Stansted.

Any cars considered, but a 4x4 would be ideal.

Many thanks.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I fear you may be out of luck here :( If you are after authenticy, the French cars popular in this forum were never to my knowledge imported into Canada. In fact the hydraulic Citroens were not even approved for use in the USA or Canada.

4X4 French cars are not exactly common either. Somehow I can't help feeling that the only two that come to mind, the Citroen BX 4X4 or the Peugeot 405 Mi16X4, would look mightily out of place in your film. They're hardly ever seen in the UK.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

I know the original question is out of date, but the DS and CX were imported in to the USA. The XM had one private importer which sold a few examples.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Why not simply mirror image the shots showing the wheel?
I am looking for a left hand drive car (and poss. driver) for a scene in a feature film that takes place in a canadian taxi cab. We would require the car for a day's shooting currently set on Sunday 25th May near Stansted.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj