cheap motoring

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

cheap motoring

Post by citroen7 »

just thought i would share a result with everyone back in oct07 i was having severe problems with my bx with regard to fuel starvation and constant stalling and to cap it all the wifey blew the head gasket on the pug 405 having rung me to say "what does this light mean?" to which i replied STOP :cry: so for a couple of days we ended up without a car ,i got the bus to work and we borrowed the mother in laws car not ideal but it worked. come friday afternoon i thought i need a pint or two of the "black gold" so uot came the push bike and of i went . Talking to a regular at the bar of the stressfull week he enlightened me to a chap not too far away who had lost his liceince and had a car for sale so phone call made and its a 97 megane rough around the edges and stood for 4 months but still has 6months t&t so off i trotted with tool kit in hand pumped the tyres up freed the rear brakes and charged the battery and got her going , then came to price i had been told £200 but once your man had seen me getting it going he suddenly wanted £225 i then pointed out that the price was £200 and if he did not accept i would have to charge £25 for getting it going 8) It worked and i drove home :D
so cost so far has been
spare wheel with good tyre £10
full service including rad flush and rear wheel bearings and a bodge on the exhaust bracket £80
new winscreen £100
anti roll bar bushes £6
Took it for mot to day and it flew through so it just goes to prove cheap motoring is there
p.s it might mean nothing but the mileage as i drew up was 123456 :!:
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

You doing the lottery this week? What numbers please? 8)