Pleiades site hacked?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

Pleiades site hacked?

Post by dnsey »

When I went to check some prices today at Pleiades website, and clicked on the 'online shopping' link, I received a warning that the security certificate was registered to another company.
Sure enough, the link took me to an unrelated site, which was posing as Pleiades (using the title 'Citroenyeah-hydraulics.com').
It doesn't appear to be actively malicious, but a warning just in case...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have had the same problem, so I just phone them. 01847 831239.
deian

Post by deian »

Maybe someone should phone to tell them, it'd be a shame to see them get screwed by hackers!

They are a valuable resource to all the hydraulic citroen owners.
SimonT
My Cars:

Re: Pleiades site hacked?

Post by SimonT »

dnsey wrote:When I went to check some prices today at Pleiades website, and clicked on the 'online shopping' link, I received a warning that the security certificate was registered to another company.
Sure enough, the link took me to an unrelated site, which was posing as Pleiades (using the title 'Citroenyeah-hydraulics.com').
It doesn't appear to be actively malicious, but a warning just in case...
I'm not sure but I heard that Pleiades were winding down their business and ceasing trading some time ago. It would make sense that another company would then buy business off them, including the website (or at least link to it) so maybe this explains it?
Saxo 1.5 XD 1998
(previously owned Xantia 1.9 TD sx 1995)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Mr Pleiades has recently joined the forum. This is what he had to say about the website.
Finally, I have read a message here about the Pleiades web site being hacked, We had to disable the on-line shopping cart as people kept ordering the wrong part for their car and this caused problems, this forced us to disable the cart. I am hoping to get it sorted soon into an enquiry cart, then we can check the order and ensure that the correct part is sent out to our customer. Or even better, a new web site that I can maintain myself, but as a computor thiko this may prove difficult. In the meantime it seems to dissapear into some kind of search portal and ends up suggesting web sites that sell tractor pumps?
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=23863
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.