Citroen Dispatch INDICATORS FAULTY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

head-mechanics.co.uk

Citroen Dispatch INDICATORS FAULTY

Post by head-mechanics.co.uk »

hi guys new to this forum so ill welcome myself. Im daniel and i run a head gasket business. im 23 and i have a citroen dispatch 1.9 diesel dw8. just spent last week rebuilding as the fuel pump failed and snapped my camshaft in 3 pieces. rebuilt entire engine from main/big end bearings to new valves etc. done 300,000 miles and runs perfectly.

My problem is with my indicators. THEY DONT WORK AT ALL :? . i have replaced the stalk and hazzard switch but to no avail. the fuses are ok but im not getting any voltage to them. hazzard/indicator relay works.

originally this fault happened when i was on the motorway at the time the indicators went the hazzards worked then 10 mins later the hazzards failed. the hazzard fuse had blown but since i have changed its been fine but still no indicators. does any1 no of this fault or does any1 have the wiring diagram for the stalk etc.

much appreciated guys.
:D :D
!BORN TO FIX!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum :D Good effort on rebuilding the engine... Do you know what caused the pump to fail so spectacularly? Was it a Bosch or Lucas (Delphi) pump? Normally a Lucas pump will not cause such catastrophic damage as it has a shear section on the mainshaft.

Sorry, I can't offer any specific help on the indicators as the Despatch is one vehicle I have no wiring diagrams for :( A clue may be in the fact that a fuse blew. Have you tried a replacement hazard/flasher unit in case it was faulty and caused the fuse to blow. They have electronics in them and often with electronics, a failing component blows the fuse and then goes open-circuit itself; a replacement fuse then survives but does not restore normal operation due to the failed electronic component that originally caused the fuse to blow.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
head-mechanics.co.uk

The fuel pump was bosch. dont have a clue why it failed but its completely seized. when it locked and the cambelt went taught it bend the idler pully bolt at 90 degrees. never seen such force. except when i used to rebuild forklift engines and the conrods were at 90 degrees sometimes or cranks were in 2 pieces.

Have changed the relay unit. im certain i had a short but withouht wiring diagrammes im stuffed i no on these that they actually switch resistances so i cant just measure like normal.

really dont no what else is involved in the indicator circuit on these or if there is a fuse other than in fuse box for indicators. i have heard however that they need programming into the ecu but im not sure about this myself.
!BORN TO FIX!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

what year is it ? only the mk3 dispatch is multiplexed, the early ones have nothing to program.
Are you getting a battery feed at fuse 7 & an accessories feed at fuse 28 (on the interior fusebox)
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hello head-mechanics.co.uk and welcome. Talk about fortunate timing - I've just bought a Xantia with a suspected head gasket failure can you offer any advice? Sorry to be off-topic, please see my relevant threads in Citroen and French Car Chat categories. Regards, Mike
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

hm.co.uk

Did you replace stalk etc with new or used parts? If second hand try replacing with new. The indicators on dispatch/synergie seem to be prone to gremlins. My synergie indicator relay still goes off when and where it pleases. I did clear the fault temporarily but now it's back.

Gammy
head-mechanics.co.uk

no i replaced with second hand stalk but i had seen it working. the hazzard switch was new however. not checked the fuses yet sorry guys will check tomoz. it a 2001 model 1.9d (y reg). been without for some time now. so ANNOYING

:D
!BORN TO FIX!