Xantia verdicts?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Xantia verdicts?

Post by Blagarse Yank »

Hi Guys,
Sorry if this is a regulalry repeated question.
How do the Diesel-Turbo Xantia's rate? I'm seriously considering buying one as they seem very reasonable in price and spec.
I have heard all the warning horror stories about Citroen's hydraulic suspension etc and figure that this is why the prices stay so low.
Apart from being a bit bigger then I was looking for are they any good/reliable/and cost effective to run?
Look forward to your feed back-thanks
Blaggy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Well mine has racked up 102,000 miles, 90,000 of them while in my posession, its cost me the same to run as any equivelant car except for a set of spheres, and the so called complicated and unreliable suspension merely does its thing day in day out with no problem.
Fortunatley the suspension as you suspect does have its affect on the resale value and the results of that are high spec, nice to drive comfortable cars with clouting diesel engines going for a song.
Potential problems are electrics missbehaving, boating lakes under the carpet and heavy clutches, things that can (usually) all be sorted without too much fuss.
Dave
jmd
My Cars:

Post by jmd »

I can endorse everything Dave says.Mine has 150,000 mls covered 100,000 with me.and no problems.Change the LHM every 25-30K,have te spheres renewed every 3years.It does 50+to the Gallon,and who can complain about that.
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Potential problems are electrics missbehaving, boating lakes under the carpet and heavy clutches, things that can (usually) all be sorted without too much fuss.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
How does one go about sorting a heavy clutch? Mine has been heavy ever since I got it 8 months ago.
1994 Citroen Xantia SX 1.9 Turbo Diesel
148,500 miles
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Fox,
Check through this string that covers the heavy clutch thing from a few angles.
I'm thinking of asking Jon to include this in the comon fixes archive as it has been such a good topic; unfortunately it isn't complete yet but should give you the info you require.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=2300
Alan S
Blagarse Yank
My Cars:

Post by Blagarse Yank »

forum has been down until now:
Guys thanks for the advice-I am now the owner of a DT SX model.
This car is bigger then my 306dt but seems faster. I thought they were the same engine? If so how come it feels quicker??
Blaggy