Hydraflush does work!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Hydraflush does work!

Post by CitroJim »

Today I also gave my old 1.9TD an LHM change. The old stuff had been in for three years and was looking a bit yellow.

When I first bought the car it had Hydraflush in it and I changed it for LHM shortly afterward. I cannot recall cleaning the filters when I last changed it.

Today I did clean the filters but really I needn't have bothered. They were almost spotless :D

From that I reckon we have proof positive that Hydraflush is good stuff.

Another strange result is that with new LHM the car stays up for much, much longer. It's a non anti-sink and recently it had been dropping really quite rapidly. It would be on its bump-stops in 20 minutes but now, after an hour it's still not far off normal ride height :D

I can't explain that one :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Funnily enough I am looking for a Citroen like that...........really low in the back so my old dog can jump in.......no wife jokes :lol:

I`m gonna put the Hydra flush in next week...........among other things...........worse than Landys these Xantias!!

Next thing you know it`ll be........"I couldn`t work on my Xantia today because I was actually driving it" :shock:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hey, I tell you what Alex, you can't beat the old, original Xantia. They really are little more than a BX in a Xantia body!! (cue howls of rage from the BX fraterity... :lol: :lol: )

They do get involving at times but after they're properly sorted, you'd be amazed how relaible and trouble free they can be. The secret is to give them TLC little and often. My 1.9TD is in the possession of SWMBO and I only ever get to give it TLC every month or so, it never seems to want much attention.

Same with my other two, they go very sweetly with just weekly routine inspections and the odd fettle here and there.

The Xantia truely can be the car that "Loves Driving, Hates Garages", the old BX strapline. :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I`ll be keeping my eye out for one up here Jim.

To be fair .........when you buy a car that`s 9 years old and has been driven and not much else you always have fettling to do. I like them because they drive well ....are good on fuel..........and I don`t see me welding much on it. I`ve had enough of stuck under cars with a mig and big helmet .
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Just a quick pointer and a little bit of knowledge shared.

Hydraflush is brilliant stuff for flushing through the power steering system found on all cars that run ATF in the steering, so that puts it fine for about 90% of all cars on the road.

Regards
Slim.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I bet anything else mineral oil based with an adequate high viscosity (thin flowing) property will do the job as well :D

- even a standard industrial hydraulic oil ...
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image