XUD9 rocker breather

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

XUD9 rocker breather

Post by tomsheppard »

The pipe has become brittle (as in detached). A new one was a very reasonable £3.50 but the bottom of the pipe is a long way down at the back of the oil filler. How do I remove the stainless hose clip on the end of the fractured pipe without having to remove the thermostat housing etc. Surely there has to be a way. I am sure that it was originally tightened in situ but I fear that it has a ratchet like a Ty Rap to stop it from coming undone. Can the oil filler be safely prised out instead? Seeking advice here seems to be a safer alternative to simply applying brute force!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Iv'e got a couple of 19td's on the garage floor at the moment Tom and have had a look at them with regard to your dilemma, I think you are in for a hell of a struggle to get the old pipe off and a new one back on with the filler in situ, my advice would be to remove the starter motor so you can get at the clip securing the filler at its base so it can be removed.
There is also another short pipe from the filler to the block under the stat housing that would need to have its clip trashed, just stick it all back together with jubilee's.
Dave
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thank You Dave. What a good job I only had the starter off a couple of weeks ago! That's a big help: Roll on the weekend!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

this may or may not be a dump question, but where did you buy the pipe? I need one, although i really need a new engine.
Dont suppose you have a spare do you Dave?
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@bxproject.co.uk
http://www.bxproject.co.uk
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Mine came from Yeomans Citroen, Fareham. They recognised the part over the 'Phone so it isn't too obscure. Fun to fit though...