Quick photo shoot of my 2.1 :)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sphinx

Quick photo shoot of my 2.1 :)

Post by Sphinx »

I don't post a great deal on this forum, I do however browse it and have found some very interesting/helpful topics that have helped me bring my car up to my perfectionist standards lol
With that in mind, I thought some might appreciate some of these pics :)

Pics at 1st location:

Pics at 2nd location:

Edited with plates removed
Last edited by Sphinx on 24 Apr 2008, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Nice pic's but one problem,

A Xantia aint never gonna pull a boat that big, :roll:

Regards
Slim.
deian

Post by deian »

I appreciate the car.

Thats a very tasty mk1 (one of the last ones), and with the 'best' engine too, the colour and the spoiler, the wheels all make the car look good.

Spot on photography too.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Excellent photo's of a superb car.

On nitpick though - it might be wise, if aesthetically questionable, to obscure the number plate.

I'm sure the forum members wouldn't think of such a thing but there are those that will duplicate your number plate then swipe ptrol leaving you looking at the bill.
Or worse.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

myglaren wrote:there are those that will duplicate your number plate then swipe ptrol leaving you looking at the bill.
Or worse.
:shock: Soooooo..... what do you use to protect yours on the public highway or in a public car park? :lol:
Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

Cheers for the replies guys :)
I appreciate what you're saying about the plates so I've removed them, however they will stay on in the for sale advert (I think it might put a potential buyer off if they can't read the plate)

I can't take all the credit for the photo's, they were taken by a friend but I supplied the car and suggested good angles :lol:
deian

Post by deian »

I'm not one for obscuring any number plate for any reason, especially if you are selling it, what are you trying to hide?... by showing your number plate a potential buyer can get an exact insurance quote based on that exact car because they are able to provide the registration number.

Also if you have nothing to hide when you sell your car then a potential customer can do a history check on it. Hide your number plate and it would put me off buying your car!
Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

deian wrote:I'm not one for obscuring any number plate for any reason, especially if you are selling it, what are you trying to hide?... by showing your number plate a potential buyer can get an exact insurance quote based on that exact car because they are able to provide the registration number.

Also if you have nothing to hide when you sell your car then a potential customer can do a history check on it. Hide your number plate and it would put me off buying your car!
Which is exactly why I said I leave them on in a for sale advert 8)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Is that a Series 2 lower front air scoop on a Series 1 car ? Or am I just imagining it ? Somehow it doesn't look the same as my 1997 Series 1...(unfortunately its dark outside so I can't go out and look :lol: )

Nice photos, love the gray almost as much as blue. :lol:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Nice car,
do I spy dickies boat yard in the background?
That makes it local.
How much are you after for it?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

MikeT wrote:
myglaren wrote:there are those that will duplicate your number plate then swipe ptrol leaving you looking at the bill.
Or worse.
:shock: Soooooo..... what do you use to protect yours on the public highway or in a public car park? :lol:
Clearly that would be illegal but displaying it when you don't need to is inviting trouble.
I had a mate with a six month old Rover 600. The police came knocking one day and asked him where his car was and where he had been recently.
As he hadn't been anywhere, having just returned from a holiday in Russia, he was a bit put out by the questions but gave them the garage keys and they went and checked the car over and were satisfied with the paperwork.
It turned out that the car was cloned and had been illegaly parked in London (350 miles away) and impounded.

Don't give them the opportunity. Anyone interested in buying the car can be furnished with the registration number or even an unedited photo.
Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

Again, thanks for the replies guy :)
elma wrote:Nice car,
do I spy dickies boat yard in the background?
That makes it local.
How much are you after for it?
It's actually a boat yard in Hamble, Southampton...so nowhere near wales :lol:
I won't turn this into a for sale post but I'm looking for about £1300 for it.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Ah, the last shot looks exactly like dickies.

Bit far for me I'm afraid, thanks though.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Really a nice Xantia - looks so - mmmmm .... \:D/
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

AndersDK wrote:Really a nice Xantia - looks so - mmmmm .... \:D/
Absolutely gorgeous. It looks concours. If I had it, I'd be scared to drive it :D

Good on 'yer Sphinx :D Surely you're not considering selling such a beautiful example are you?

I concur with Deian that the late MK1 with the 2.1TD is the finest Xantia (Activa apart) ever produced :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...