I'm leaving soon...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

I'm leaving soon...

Post by deian »

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say thank you or all the help I've had off you all running my four citroens.

Unfortunately I will be moving to a Nissan Micra for cheaper motoring, tax, tyres, petrol, fuel efficiency.

My ZX is going to drain my wallet in June, tax and mot (+work) practically writes it off, tyres, windscreen, rear suspension bushes, rear window winding mechanism otherwise it's in good nick. So I will sell it for £200. I will post again in the relevant section.

So the ZX has served me well and I would recommend it to anyone, in fact any of the Citroens I've had. As some of you know, I also like BMW's, but this Nissan will be the first Jap car I will buy, and as much as I wanted a BMW, I think I will have to decide with my brain this time.

I will pop by from time to see what is going on, I feel I know quite a bit about Citroen's now: after learning from the pro's on this forum, namely, citrojim, andersdk, mandrake (simon), dickieg and a few notable individuals who know their stuff.

IF I buy another Citroen, it would be another different one... a xantia v6, XM or even a CX next time, although a BX wouldn't go a miss either.

So thanks to you all and see you all around.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Faewell, deian.
I think you'll be back fairly soon, personally Image
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Wot - are you chickening out - after all these happy Citroen motoring experiences ? :shock:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
deian

Post by deian »

Like myglaren says, I'll be back sometime soon. And I reckon it going to have to be an XM next time.

Thank you AnderDK, you're the daddy!
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

See you again very soon never fear. You will be bored to tears with the otherwise excellent piece of Jap tinware....
So thanks to you all and see you all around.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As Lol says...
lolingram wrote:See you again very soon never fear. You will be bored to tears with the otherwise excellent piece of Jap tinware
Been there, done that, got bored :lol:

All the best with the Nissan Dei and do come back regularly to see us. We'll be all here ready and waiting with a big welcome back for when you get your next Citroen :lol:

Remember, Citroen ownership is just as The Eagles said in Hotel California..

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Good luck deian, I hope you have happy motoring whatever you choose. These cars do get a hook in you though so it wouldn't surprise me to see you back one day :lol:
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Awww dejan Nisson indeed! go wash your mouth out!! :lol: ..

For economy you will have a job to beat a good ZX 1.9D .. I love mine to bits, and prob spent twice what its market value is just messing with it.. heh heh ...

I looked at a BMW 525td es auto last weekend, and they offered me good money for my Honda, but to be honest, I did not like the BMW, it had all the bits, but was sort of dingy and small in the driver area.. I was hoping to love it, but my Honda is far nicer.. :? :roll:

Sooo next time you go shopping buy a decent ZX.. You know it makes sense.. :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Farewell deian,

Look forward to when you return. :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

So what are you going to do with all the spare time you will have during the weekends? :lol:

Anyway, as some said before: You'll be back (insert sinister laugh here) hehehe And when you do, we'll be here waiting to help you.

Good luck with the jap car! They tend to be very reliable and the spare parts cheap as dirt and you can almost find them in the grocery store.
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

It must be some grocery store :lol: How much??!! what for a pint of milk and a new ex manifold??. I have a Nissan and a Honda. I made two masks for the guys at each parts desk so I could at least feel Iwas getting robbed properly :shock:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2