xantia fuel sender unit (float) replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

xantia fuel sender unit (float) replacement

Post by admiral51 »

I have the good fortune to have 2 xantias and both were pretty low on fuel so i did the sensible thing and went and put 20 litres of diesel in both. gauges are now showing 1/4 and 1/2 a tank :lol: :lol:

i was lucky enough last year to squirrel away a float and i suspect the new xantia to be at fault.as such i have tested the electrics of the spare and the gauge works from empty to full. i can remember removing the float but as it wasnt going back in i didnt pay too much attention to any seal that maybe required :oops: :oops: :oops:

anyone have any ideas as i can clearly remember the locking ring being a pain to get off :) :)

Cheers in advance

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Faulty fuel gauge sender units under-reading on Xantia's is not that uncommon, yes the float may at fault but what generally happens is that the gauge initially reads OK then gradually falls to empty during the journey.

The easy way to undo the locking ring is to gently tap it around with a hammer/screwdriver.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH