zx and xantia engine/box - are they the same?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

juraj

zx and xantia engine/box - are they the same?

Post by juraj »

just a quick one, is the zx and xantia 1.9TD the same engine/box? same mounts?

bye all
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Short answer yes,

Longer answer, yes, but with minor differences in manifolding and possibly vacuum pumps depending on model/year. I believe the ZX uses a top-mounted intercooler whereas the Xantia generally uses a front-mounted one resulting in a different inlet manifold.

The basic engine/gearbox is the same and can be swapped. It will be worth checking the ZX gear ratios/final drive ratio against that of the Xantia but I don't think, again, you'll find a huge and significant difference.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks jim
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

years gone by i put a VISA gear box into an PUG 104 with same size engine/wheels/tyres, took it for a drive down the tip road next to were the owner lived, speedo whent up to a ton (100) and we were only doing about 45/50 max
regards malcolm
juraj

Post by juraj »

sounds like the gearing for the speedo was different though!

hey has anyone replaced the bearing alone in the tensioner roller, ive had the whole thing out and lubricated the bearing, but it didnt last, so now my girlfriend is going out to buy a new bearing for me, but its just occured to me is is it just a standard interference fit or have citroen done something special like gluing or 'locktite-ing' the bearing to the plastic wheel?

bye