Auto to manual conversion - Xantia TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

juraj

Auto to manual conversion - Xantia TD

Post by juraj »

Hi all

there is a td xantia on ebay with a sick auto box, has anyone done a manual conversion on one of these?

i assume the bolt pattern is identical, but what about the hole in the firewall for the clutch cable? can a clutch pedal be mounted into an auto car easily or does the mounting bracket need changing - is this a dash out job? (eww) are the driveshafts the same? what about gearbox to shift lever linkages, can they be swapped without dash removal?

bye all
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have done this to a BX good few years ago now, that was very easy, as all i had to do was fit a fly wheel, the three pedel box and gear stick/linkage, all the mouting points and holes are already there, because the shell is universal
regards malcolm
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks malcolm,

i know bx's well, but xantias so so, do you think the pedal box is a dash out job?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not sure but wouldnt have thought so, on the other hand it might be an engine out job, or just as likely with XANTs
regards malcolm
juraj

Post by juraj »

malcolm

well the car sold and i didnt win it! didnt bid at all actually, but engine out job? surely a xantia box xan be removed without the enginecoming out?

bye
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

juraj wrote: surely a xantia box xan be removed without the enginecoming out?
Yes, it can :D Certainly a 1.9TD manual will so an Auto box should.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks all
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

juraj wrote:malcolm

well the car sold and i didnt win it! didnt bid at all actually, but engine out job? surely a xantia box xan be removed without the enginecoming out?

bye
yes it can, but what i was trying to say is how much harder it is to work on a XANT to a BX, i was refering to the pedel box change HE HE HE
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:i was refering to the pedel box change HE HE HE
regards malcolm
You just know that job will be a right :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: of a job in a Xantia :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...