Something nasty in the wood shed.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

N_CURTIS
My Cars:

Something nasty in the wood shed.....

Post by N_CURTIS »

.....that has now been dealt with.

When I bought my ZX a year ago I saw it had a small repair patch on the inner wing/chassis leg in the same place both sides.

No problem, it had a years MOT and I knew this was a weak spot, the same as on the AX's.

Anyway, I've just had it MOT'd with no probs apart from an advisory on front brake balance. So, I taxed it for a year as I've decided to keep it for a bit longer and I missed out on a rather nice TD Vocane on the bay recently :(

The other Friday I was off work so thought I'd have a poke at the inner wing under the PAS reservoir and three holes appeared :shock: one of which was very near the suspension turret.

Luckily, I know someone local to me who is very good with a welder and he sorted it all out for £60 :D

Not a very exciting story I know, but it cheered me up this week as I face impending redundancy.

Image[/img]

Just added the above pics for those interested. The first 3 are the OS finished repair (didn't get time to take a pre-repair shot) and the last one is the NS as is. It actually seems quite sound, but I'm going to investigate further.....
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

A very tidy piece of work. Should keep the MOT tester happy for a few years to come.

Gammy
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

We've got a ZX that looks just like that - apart from ours is dark blue :lol: Guaranteed there's a hole in the NS too... :cry:
Richard W
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

This is exactly why you should give the engine bay a good coat of waxoil every couple of years.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.